Code of Conduct
Burning Cat is a safe, harassment-free, family-friendly event for all participants (attendees, exhibitors, sponsors, vendors, and volunteers) regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion. Harassment of any kind (verbal, physical, in-person, or online) will not be tolerated. Violating these rules can result in expulsion from the show without refund, and escalation to local law enforcement.
By purchasing a badge and attending the event, you agree to abide by the following:
The Golden Rules:
- Treat others with respect in both speech and action.
- Report any harassment immediately.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal comments or actions that are demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing based on a person’s gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, following or predatory behavior.
- Photography or recording anyone without consent.
- Sustained disruption of speakers, panels, or tournaments.
- Inappropriate physical contact.
- Unwelcome sexual attention or unwanted romantic advances.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. Exhibitors, sponsors, vendors, and guests are also subject to the code of conduct.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, event management reserves the right to take any action to keep a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender, expulsion from the event without refund, and/or reporting the matter to local law enforcement.
We expect all participants to follow these rules at all Burning Cat related events.
If you feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it to the nearest Burning Cat security, staff, or volunteer as soon as possible. Burning Cat staff can be clearly identified by “BURNING CAT STAFF” t-shirts. Immediate action will be taken to stop the harassment. You can make a report either personally or anonymously.
When taking an in-person report, our staff will ensure you are safe. Once safe, we will ask you to tell us about what happened. This can be upsetting, but we will handle it as respectfully as possible. You will not be asked to confront anyone and we will not tell anyone who you are.
Our team will be happy to help you contact the Oregon Convention Center security, local law enforcement, local support services, provide escorts, or otherwise assist you to feel safe for the duration of the event.